ONLINE BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
Is a Career in Business Administration Right for You? Find Out!
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness Score Now.
Business Administration Mission Statement:
The mission of the Business Administration Associate of Science degree program is to educate students in the fundamental concepts, techniques and skills necessary to excel in various business-related fields.
Business Administration Vision Statement:
To create a learning environment in which students understand the fundamentals of ethical business practices and behaviors to help them succeed in the 21st century global business environment.
Business Administration Goals:
Generations’s Associate Degree in Business Administration online program will ensure that students are well-rounded, well-educated and well-prepared for the 21st century world of business. To that end, this community college program will:
- Provide students with a broad-based overview of the key concepts, tools, strategies and techniques necessary to support/enhance students’ employability in a for-profit or not- for-profit business venture.
- Provide the basic tools to move on to a four-year college or university.
- Explore the latest concepts and practices in management and global economics.
- Broaden student understanding of current and future economic trends and their impact on the business climate in the U.S. and across the globe.
- Build basic skills, knowledge and understanding of business accounting, finance, technology, human resource management and marketing.
- Integrate traditional junior college education, best practices and experiential learning to enhance student knowledge and understanding.
LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR ONLINE ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION:
- Communicate effectively in business environments
- Utilize relevant business software and online business resources
- Review the relevance of social media within the business context
- Analyze internal and external business reports including basic financial statements
- Identify, analyze and evaluate common and competing interests of business stakeholders including customers, suppliers, business owners, investors and global markets
- Gain an understanding of the ethical challenges related to business and management through the study of effective strategies for resolving these issues.
INDUSTRY RECOGNIZED BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CERTIFICATIONS:
- Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR)
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Customer Service Manager (CCSM)
ONLINE BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM DIRECTOR:
My teaching experience has been at various universities. I usually teach within business and technology programs. In the past, I also have served as an instructional designer, course developer, and faculty coach. I have earned a B.S. from Robert Morris University (Pittsburgh, PA) and an MBA in Finance from Strayer University. I also have a doctorate (DBA) from Walden University with a concentration in Information Systems Management.